Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Little Garden Princess

Our little Ladybug loves to dress up in her princess outfit, and today was no different. She walked out of her room with her typical pink princess dress on, but this time she added some accessories. The accessories included a gardening hat and gloves. Nice choice kid! This event presented me with a great photo op. After reviewing the photos I chose the following photo to edit in Photoshop Elements.

Here is the original:


The rest of the photos all edited with a high a high contrast, washed out look, but with different specific attributes. I also cropped the image to bring more focus to the Bug.

The first is the original edited version from which I created the other versions.


A simple black & white.


Adding a Diffused Glow to the image.


Using a Posterize filter (one of my favorites).


A Sepia filter and a focal soften filter from Picnik.com.


A subdued color version.


The original photo was taken with my Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi, f/5, 1/200 sec. exposure, ISO-250, 37mm focal length.
I am just having so much fun!

~~Aloha!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture and so many neat variations on it! The posterize one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! I need to learn more about my Rebel and photoshop.

    ReplyDelete